We need certain vitamins and minerals for our body to fight all the sickness for everyday living. Some Vitamins and minerals can be found with the food we eat. There are foods also that can fight and prevents cancer.
These are the following:
- Broccoli - rich in sulforaphane - an anti oxidant that helps the liver break down and destroy cancer causing toxins. Broccoli sprouts also have been shown to fight Helicobacter pylori - a type of bacteria believed to cause stomach cancer. Make it a habit to eat one-half cup of raw or lightly steamed broccoli daily.
- Tomatoes - this kind of fruit is rich in lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant compound that gives tomatoes and other certain fruits and vegetables their red color. Just include also this fruit in your everyday diet.
- Cold water fish - like salmon and tuna are rich in omega 3 fats - specifically eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). DHA and EPA have potent anti inflammatory benefits. It also helps to prevent breast cancer, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer and stomach cancer.
- Carrot - also has anti cancer properties when eat raw. Carrot is a root vegetable usually orange color however some of them are yellow, purple, white and red. Researchers have found that carrots has falcarinol - a natural pesticide which carrot produce to defend themselves against fungal diseases.
- Garlic - has allicin - generated compounds function as antioxidants that prevents the type of cell mutations that give rise to cancer. Garlic might help protect against colon cancer, prostate cancer, esophagus cancer, larynx cancer, ovary cancer, and kidney cancer.
- Spinach - rich in antioxidants that protect cells from the type of damage that can create cancerous mutations like Garlic does.
There are also anti cancer fruits that you can eat everyday like strawberry, citrus fruits like lemon, orange, grapefruits, pear, apples, kiwi and pineapple.
Live a healthy lifestyle and say cancer goodbye!